Big News + Xmas List

The big day is getting closer! Christmas!! I love this time of year. Definitely one of those huge dorks listening to Christmas music already, sipping hot chocolate, and watching holiday Lifetime and Hallmark movies. Of course, I also have my Christmas list ready to rock and roll. But before I share that, I have some other big news to share:


We're having a baby! This ultrasound photo is back at 8 weeks and I'm currently at 16, so I can't wait for a new one! Only 3 more weeks until we find out if it's a boy or girl, which I'm DYING to know. Must. Design. Nursery. I can hardly contain my excitement. Like, literally to the point where I tell everyone I come across, i.e. the person scheduling my eyebrow wax, the checkout lady at the grocery store, and unfortunately the list goes on.

So, needless to say my Christmas list is full of things with baby in mind:


1. Tory Burch Eddie Bow Ballet Flats - as fancy as a stiletto, minus the heel of torture for my preggo back.

2. Cashmere Robe - Pretty sure this was on my list last year, too. I have a feeling this is all I'm going to want to wear in the next few months, so at least it's cashmere. Plus, you can get it monogrammed, which always sells me. The site has other super cute gift ideas for monogramming.

3. Nate Berkus book - I've heard such good things about his new book and can't wait to get my hands on it. Btw, did you check out his line at Target? I was beyond annoyed that it was set up like the Missoni collection, which was scattered all over the friggin store. I felt like I was on a scavenger hunt. Why can't they just put it all together in one aisle??

4. Zebra Tray - Right up my Scalamandre loving alley.

5. Spa Gift Certificate - What I'm really hoping for. Last month, my husband and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary at a resort in Lake Placid, NY. I had a couples massage scheduled, only to find out you can't get a massage if you're in your first trimester. Since I'm now past that stage, mom to be massage must happen immediately. As well as facial, mani/pedi, blowout, and makeup. Ya know, the works.

6. French Press - I'm watching my caffeine intake since I'm only supposed to have 12 oz a day, but this is the prettiest french press I've seen. Plus, I have a feeling we'll have lots of long days together in May...
7. Diptyque Candle - I'm finally taking the plunge. I've wanted one for so long and it's time.

8. J.Crew Bracelet - Also something I've been admiring for awhile. It's time has also come. Join the arm party.

9. The Night Out Legging - If you've ever been with bun, have you heard of Hatch? I've never seen such cute maternity clothes in my life. Well, not that I've been looking my whole life, but still they design pieces that are meant to work for after baby, too. My leather pants are starting to scream at the zipper, so these leggings are going to have to be their replacement for awhile.

What are you hoping for this year?