Eye-Catching Neutrals

I just I had to wipe cobwebs off my blog. How embarrassing that I haven't posted anything in close to 2 months! There's been tons going on, but today I just want to talk neutrals. We'll get back to all the crazy details of my life at a later date (hopefully not like 2 months later).

I scored my jacket in Italy while I was there over the summer. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it. First, it's black and cream, always a winning color combo in my book and second, the zippers at the waist reminded me of this Burberry jacket a few seasons back:


And here's my no name Italian version:




To keep my neutral outfit interesting, I combined textures and shapes. My booties are suede with a patent leather cap toe. (from Ann Taylor 30% off right now!) I wore a girly peplum top paired with skinny jeans and a tough chain necklace from Sorrelli. There also was a boucle cardigan under there, but it's a little hard to see in these photos. That's it! Many women wouldn't be caught dead wearing pink or any other bright color for that matter, but that doesn't mean you're stuck looking boring in your beloved tans, blacks, and grays.

The same philosophy can be applied to a room.


I've always loved this space. I find it very difficult to design in neutral tones, but this is how it's done. The moldings, the stone fireplace, the pop of zebra all translate to a visually interesting space without a yawn in sight.

Hope to be back soon!